Don’t miss our annual awards banquet and ceremony celebrating our 25 years, held in July of each year. We recognize all of the biggest bucks taken by bow, gun and muzzleloader during the previous season in every Northeast state. New state records are on display as well. Special awards are given to women, kids, veterans and seniors. Awesome auctions and raffles for hunts, guns, bows and other great stuff!
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE BANQUET AND COVID REQUIREMENTS
Hello all northeast whitetail deer enthusiasts!
We’re back! We are so excited to finally celebrate whitetail hunting again at the Northeast Big Bucks Club Awards Banquet next week (August 21)! We are expecting a big crowd and we will be awarding the biggest deer shot in the northeast the past two years. There will be dozens of award-winning mounts on display as well as some absolute monsters that were taken the past two seasons.
We will have LOTS of great raffle prizes to win and a great selection of long guns and hand guns that will end up in some lucky hunters’ safes. We are working on having some great hunts that will be auctioned off as well.
**VERY IMPORTANT! READ! READ! READ!!**
The new Covid Delta Variant has reared its ugly head and will have an impact on policies at the banquet. Geez, I thought this was over, but here we go again. I’m thankful though, that we can still hold the event!
Covid policies that will be put in place:
- Masks are required at all times during the event, despite vaccination status, except when seated. I know…a pain in the butt but we’ve had plenty of practice over the past year so let’s all suck it up and follow protocol. This means that masks will be worn during award presentations as well. The president, Jeff Brown, and I will be wearing them the entire time during awards, so no whining please! Protect yourself, protect the hard working staff, and protect other guests. Keep your mask-wearing opinion to yourself (none of us want to wear one or listen to your complaining about it…really) and enjoy being in the presence of some of the finest whitetails the northeast has to offer. Many people have vacations planned after the banquet (including many officers from the NBBC) and we do not want a vacation ruined, or God forbid, worse, because of a positive Covid test. PLEASE be considerate!
- Hand sanitizer will be at the check in table, bars and in the bathrooms. Use it! Bring your own as well if you like.
- Please practice social distancing
- Only 1 party in the foyer registering at a time (It’s tight in there).
- We will have early registration available the day of the banquet to try and alleviate the big crowd at the door. Bring your deer head early (any time after 9), get registered and either hang out or come back closer to the starting time. Show your ticket and table registration and you’ll be able to walk right in past the crowd waiting outside in the hot sun! There will be signage with instructions.
- There will be no formal photos taken this year during the awards presentations. You are welcome to take photos of yourself, your buck and award during down times after you receive your award.
Can’t wait to see you all there!
Vice President, Northeast Big Buck Club
The 2019-2021 Awards Banquet Will Be Held Saturday, August 21, 2021 From 1:00-8:00 p.m.- Tickets on sale now!
2019-21 Banquet Information: It’s finally time for us to recognize the finest deer entered into our record book from the previous hunting seasons after the Covid 19 outbreak. For those of you who weren’t able to attend past banquets, you know that they sell out so don’t miss out. I think all who have attended agree this event is a “must see” for the northeast whitetail enthusiast. This year’s banquet will once again be held at the Fairview Castle of Knights in Chicopee, MA. Everyone will agree this is a perfect facility to hold our ceremony. The service, food, and accommodations are second to none. This year’s festivities will be held on Saturday, August 21. Doors open at 1:00 PM. Ticket prices are $50 per person. Tables seat 10. If you fill a table, the 10th ticket is free!
At the banquet, awards will be given to the largest typical and non-typical bucks harvested from 2019-2021 with a bow, gun and muzzleloader, from CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, and VT. This means if you or someone you know, harvested a nice buck last fall, you have a limited time to enter the deer to be eligible for one of the coveted laser-engraved hardwood plaques awarded to the largest deer harvested in each state. As in years past, we will also be recognizing the largest deer harvested by women, teens and seniors. Deer harvested prior to 2019 are also eligible for awards if they are larger than any buck harvested during the 2019 season. This is your opportunity to get your just dues if you are just learning about the club or missed the cut-off date for the scoring period last year.
Banquet activities include a delicious multiple-course sit-down meal and computer-generated slide shows will highlight the best deer entered into the club in 2019/2020. On display will be more than 100 of the northeast’s best deer from the last two years, plus a display of HUGE northeast whitetails all scoring over 170, with many over 200! You will not find a better collection of northeast trophy deer. Our event will also include auctions, raffles and give-a-ways for various hunts from around the country, Canada, Africa and who knows where! These top-notch hunts typically are auctioned off at HUGE savings for the lucky high bidder! A current list of the hunts will be available at the banquet can be found on our website. Also included at the banquet are raffles and give-a-ways for chartered fishing trips, shoulder mount donations from various northeast taxidermists, top quality wildlife art from world-renown artists, butchering services, top of the line weapons and much, much more!
Please contact me immediately if you wish to attend, because tickets go fast and we want to make sure your ticket needs are satisfied. There will be no ticket sales at the door. Tickets are $50 each. Make checks payable to NBBC mail to NBBC, Oo Box 572 East Longmeadow, MA 01028. With your ticket order, directions to the Castle of Knights banquet facility are on the back of the ticket. You can also order tickets online at www.bigbuckclub.com.
This is going to be a classy event so proper attire is required please. No camo!! Coat and tie requested, slacks and a golf/polo type shirt with a collar at a minimum.
Please note, any deer entered into the NBBC record book from June 1, 2019, until July 31, 2020 is eligible to receive a beautiful 7 x 9 inch laser-engraved plaque recognizing your trophy. These are not the laser-engraved plaques we give to award winners, but one with all the details of your buck and will be an eye-catching memento to hang on the wall next to your trophy. These solid-wood plaques, a $58 value, will be handed out FREE OF CHARGE, at the Awards Ceremony*. If you do not attend the banquet, they can be purchased, through me. Order forms are available on our web site or enclosed order form.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I look forward to having the opportunity to meet you at the NBBC’s 2019-2021 AWARDS BANQUET!
Joe Chapdelaine, Awards Chairman
Phone: (413) 519-2630
E-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
* Limit 1 free plaque per hunter at the banquet
Want to order tickets through the mail? Download a PDF here: Download Awards Banquet (474.92 KB)